Pedaling Technique?

Opionioni su bici, accessori, ricambi, e tutto ciò che può servire per migliorare l'esperienza sulle due ruote
Rispondi
zackfernandes

Pedaling Technique?

Messaggio da zackfernandes »

I'm a relatively new rider and have been thinking about pedaling technique. I want to make sure I'm using the right form so that I don't get hurt, as I've had knee problems in the past.

Guy at my LBS said you want to power GoToMeeting IrfanView Town of Salem through with your heel as if you're squatting. Is that right?

Where should my foot be on the pedal?

Seem like silly questions but I'd like to get the simple stuff right before bad habits develop.
Thanks!
Ultima modifica di zackfernandes il 13 dic 2018, 1:52 pm, modificato 1 volta in totale.
p000gna
Biografia: Vado in bici da sempre ma non amo le competizioni anche se so muovermi a velocità sostenuta (e neanche i megaraduni), prediligo i percorsi poco frequentati preferibilmente su asfalto ma non disdegno le strade bianche e il cross lungo gli argini dei fiumi. Amo i percorsi panoramici anche collinari o montani a patto che ogni tanto concedano un po' di respiro. Da quando sono in pensione ho quasi abbandonato la macchina e ho fatto della bici il mio principale mezzo di spostamento a patto che non debba trasportare pesi eccessivi o troppo ingombranti.
Le mie zone sono la Valdinievole, la Lucchesia e la Versilia, chi vuole conoscere e pedalare in queste zone mi contatti pure, col bel tempo esco volentieri in compagnia e sono libero quasi sempre.
Bicicletta: Corsa carbonio,Ibrida sport:Aeron Legnano,MTB:Bianchi Race 2200,trekking:Legnano Hobo,city,e altre 7

Re: Pedaling Technique?

Messaggio da p000gna »

I have already answered this question.
In order not to suffer from the knees you should pedal with a very high saddle. Your foot would only get to the ground with the tips. In addition, the leg should extend almost completely when the pedal is at the bottom and push the pedal with the front of the foot. In this way you exploit all the power of the thrust and last less fatigue.
To make sure that this happens you should do this test with the bike stopped: stay in the saddle and place the heel to send it down, in this position your leg should be completely extended.
It's not a silly question,
Silly is to repeat the same question before reading the answer.
Viaggio in bici e me ne infischio del traffico e degli ingorghi
Rispondi